An increasing number of people are diagnosed with colon cancer and research studies are now underway on finding a treatment and ways on how best to prevent it from developing. Colon cancer usually starts in the large intestine and from dead cells that have been accumulated in a lump over a period of time. You are at greater risk to getting colon cancer if you have a genetic medical history of parents or close relatives who have been diagnosed with colon cancer. Research also showed that that colon cancer can be triggered by unhealthy diets such as processed foods.
Early detection is key to recovery. Hence, it is vital that you seek the advice of your doctor should you feel the discomfort of colon cancer symptoms. The symptoms to keep a watch for include unhealthy bowel occurrence such as diarrhea, constipation or bowel infection, severe pain in abdomen, blood in the stools, narrow stools, anemia and drastic loss of weight.
Obviously, it is best to adopt colon cancer prevention ways rather than be diagnosed and then seeking for a treatment for it. Here are 5 easy on how best to prevent colon cancer:
1. Instill healthy habits. Colon cancer usually takes time to develop. Hence you should not wait till you notice the symptoms of colon cancer before starting to adopt healthy habits. Healthy habits include having balanced diet, regular exercise and ensuring that you have an adequate amount of sleep.
Additionally, you should definitely think of including more fiber in your diet. Fat accumulates on the walls of the intestine and rectum. These form lumps of dead cells which can pose a threat to you. For fiber, ensure that your diet includes lots of green vegetables, fruits and water.
Make it a point to exercise a few times a week. Exercise is wonderful for flushing out harmful toxins and waste matter. If they are left accumulated in your body, the toxins can cause cancerous growth.
2. You should take note of your family medical history, since colon cancer is a genetic disease that is hereditary. If you really do belong to the high risk category due to your family history, then all the more you should take extra precautions by leading a lifestyle based on wellness.
3. Quit smoking. Chain smoking raises your chance to developing colon cancer. Inhaling tobacco can easily transfer carcinogen (a cancer agent) to your colon and rectum, thus resulting in colon cancer. Smoking also brings about many other health threats. Hence, you should quit smoking as a top priority.
4. Reduce exposure to radiation. Excessive exposure to radiation has been found to cause colon cancer. Radiation rays are harmful and can cause healthy normal cells to be abnormal. You should make it a point to avoid unnecessary X-rays, CT scans, mammograms.
5. If you find yourself having symptoms like eczema, frequent flu, allergies, weak immune system, poor movement of bowels, low energy levels, bloating, etc, then these signs may be indicative of too much toxins in your body. The only way to get rid of these toxins is to perform colon cleansing before they pose a problem. There are a few ways to perform colon cleansing; including consuming colon cleansing herbs and colon hydrotherapy. You can consult with a natural health expert for more detailed advice.